Frozen Peach Shortcake Squares
A sprig of fresh mint on top of each serving will give it extra "wow" appeal.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Cool Whip® Whipped Topping, thawed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O® Peach Flavor Gelatin
- 4 cups cubed pound cake
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 12 small peaches, sliced
- 12 fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine whipped topping, ice cream and gelatin powder; beat until well blended. Spoon into an 8-in. square dish; freeze 3 hours or until firm.
- To serve, drizzle with preserves. Cut into squares and top each square with 1 peach slice and 1 raspberry. Store leftovers in freezer.
Originally published as Frozen Peach Shortcake Squares in Taste of Home Quick & Easy Spring 2009
May 31, 2011
what to do with the pund cake???Has anyone made this recipe??
Jul 19, 2010
I would assume that the pound cake be layered below the whipped portion, but every time I assume.............results could be questionable.
Jul 14, 2010
how is the pound cake used?