Frozen Orange Delight
“Knowing a diabetic friend would be attending our cookout, I concocted this sorbet-like treat so she wouldn't miss out on dessert,” Diane Daniel of Birmingham, Alabama reports. “I’ve also made it with sugar-free cherry and raspberry gelatin with great results.”
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makes4 servings (1 quart)
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in pineapple juice. Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 140 calories, 4g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.
Originally published as Diane's Frozen Delight in Taste of Home October/November 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.