Frozen Mud Pie Recipe
Here's one of those "looks like you fussed" desserts that is so easy it's become a standard for me. I love the mocha version, but pure chocolate lovers may prefer using chocolate chip ice cream. The cookie crust is a snap to make. —Debbie Terenzini-Wilkerson, Lusby, Maryland
- 1-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 pints chocolate chip or coffee ice cream, softened
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, divided
- Additional cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar if desired. Stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Spoon 1 pint of ice cream into crust. Drizzle with half of the chocolate syrup; swirl with knife. Carefully top with remaining ice cream. Drizzle with remaining syrup; swirl with a knife. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Garnish with whole cookies if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 381 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Mud Pie
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC