Frozen Mocha Marbled Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups finely crushed Oreo cookies (about 20 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup
- 1. Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil. In a bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom and 1-1/2-in. up the sides of prepared pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add milk and vanilla and mix well. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon half of the mixture into another bowl and set aside. Dissolve coffee in hot water; fold into remaining cream cheese mixture. Fold in chocolate syrup.
- 3. Spoon half of the chocolate mixture over crust. Top with half of the reserved cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cut through layers with a knife to swirl the chocolate (pan will be full). Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- 4. To serve, lift out of the pan; remove foil. Cut into slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 490 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Mocha Marbled Loaf
"This is a question not a review! I do not like sweetened condensed milk. Is there anything that I can substitute instead?I really want to try this so if anyone could help, I would appreciate it!Thank you!"
"Fell in love with this first time I made it. A must to have on hand in summer for refreshing dessert. A family favorite."
"This is so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)"
"I love it !!!!!"
"This is a delicious dessert! Tastes so rich and yummy! I like to keep several in the freezer for unexpected guests. Love that it can be made ahead."
"Just made this last night. I used a Hazelnut flavored instant coffee and cut up chocolate covered almonds on top of it. Turned out amazing. I was really careful folding in the whipped heavy cream and not just stirring it. Also had to make sure that the cream was fully whipped. After I added hot water to the instant coffee I let it sit for a few minutes to cool so it wouldn't melt the cream mixture. I used a 9x5 loaf pan and it filled right to the top. Tasted incredible the next afternoon ( I kept it in the freezer overnight). Will definitely be adding this recipe to my favorites. Thank you Cheryl for another amazing Taste of Home recipe!! :)"
"This sounds very good; I need to buy instant coffee soon!"
"Very disappointing. I made this recipe because I needed something that was egg-free. The chocolate sauce was not a good thing - the overall chocolate taste was very synthetic. The mixture was more runny than I had imagined making the layering very difficult. And, despite using the same size pan the recipe called for, the was no way all the mixture would fit in it - the caution that 'pan will be full' is major understatement. '2nd pan will be almost full' would be better! So no, I won't be making this again. It was very messy and did not taste all that great at all."
"This is fabulous! I have made in for years and it is a wonderful treat and comes out beautiful for company!"
"quick preparation & impressive once it is plated."
"THIS truely is a quick recipe. Everyone loved it. A couple of hints though...Leave on counter to thaw slightly for 10 minutes. When lining the pan with foil, leave extra for handles for ease in releasing. Get a sharp knife dipped in warm water for slicing. Perfect dessert for an elegant after dinner party."
"Seriously, this recipe is DELICIOUS! Every time I make it, someone asks for the recipe.I also usually increase the ingredient portions and make it in two pans. It's wonderful to have in the freezer at all times for last-minute visitors."