Frozen Mini Berry Trifles
I developed this as a quick birthday cake for a friend recovering from surgery. Angel food cake cake be used instead of pound cake if you prefer, and I've also made it in a loaf pan. —Phyllis Kendall, Hazelwood, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups butter pecan ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Whipped topping
- Place berries in a blender; cover and process until pureed. In a small bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve.
- Stir in ice cream and pureed berries until blended. Fold in cake cubes. Fill 24 muffin cups two-thirds full. Freeze, covered, 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around sides of cups to loosen. Invert onto serving plates; serve with whipped topping.
Originally published as Mixed Berry Ice Cream Cake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.