Frozen Maple Mousse Pie
A homemade crust made with ginger cookie crumbs complements the maple syrup in this frozen refresher. It’s a cool yet comforting finale to a holiday meal. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1-1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- Additional gingersnap cookie crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and confectioners' sugar; press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the maple syrup and egg yolks until mixture reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; beat mixture for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in rum.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold into maple mixture. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until set. Garnish with cookie crumbs if desired.
Originally published as Frozen Maple Mousse Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.