- 1-1/2 cups ground almonds
- 3/4 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 15 cookies)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 pints pineapple-coconut or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 pints lime sherbet, softened
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small bowl, combine almonds, cookies and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in.-square pan. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze at least 30 minutes. Top with sherbet. Cover and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Garnish servings with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Lime Cake in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p35
Reviews for Frozen Lime Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2014
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2012
"Served this to my church group on a hot summer evening and they said "it's a keeper". I'm loving every bite of the leftovers. Serves more than 9 if you don't cut huge pieces."