Growing up, this was a special treat we the weather started to get warm. Whenever I see the temperature start to climb I make sure I have one in the freezer. —Kara O'Reilly, Tigard, Oregon
Recommended: Our Favorite Summer Fruit Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 18 wafers)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 3/4 cup thawed pink lemonade concentrate
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs, wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Reserve 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix ice cream and lemonade concentrate. Spread over crust; top with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze overnight or until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Frozen Lemonade Squares in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p168