Frozen Lemon Dessert Recipe
Lots of lemony flavor is packed into the refreshingly simple dessert. Try making it with pink lemonade concentrate and red food coloring. —Janet Briggs
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; blend well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a large bowl, beat lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired for 30 seconds. Gradually blend in ice cream. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove side of pan. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 237 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Lemon Dessert
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2012
"Awful - didn't care for it at all"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC