Frozen Lemon Dessert
Lots of lemony flavor is packed into the refreshingly simple dessert. Try making it with pink lemonade concentrate and red food coloring. —Janet Briggs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; blend well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired for 30 seconds. Gradually blend in ice cream. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove side of pan. Garnish with lemon peel if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 237 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Frozen Lemon Dessert in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook