VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- Grated lemon peel, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and sugar; blend well. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat lemonade concentrate and food coloring if desired for 30 seconds. Gradually blend in ice cream. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove side of pan. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Lemon Dessert in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p240
Reviews forFrozen Lemon Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2012
"Awful - didn't care for it at all"