Frozen Key Lime Delight
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + freezing
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Key lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated Key lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Whipped cream and Key lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine flour, cashews, coconut and brown sugar. Stir in butter. Sprinkle into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine cream, milk, lime juice, zest and vanilla. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill cylinder of an ice cream maker two-thirds full; freeze according to the manufacturer’s directions.
- Sprinkle half of the cashew mixture into an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Spread ice cream over top; sprinkle with remaining cashew mixture. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm. Garnish servings with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece (calculated without garnishes): 672 calories, 46g fat (27g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Jul 2, 2020
Very yummy! I love cashews and coconut, so the crust and topping were right up my alley - delicious! The ice cream was very tasty as well. I love that this dessert must be made ahead of time and can be served right from the freezer, leaving more previous time to devote to other parts of a family or company meal.
Jun 29, 2020
We loved this recipe and it will be going into my favorites.
Jun 28, 2020
Tastes great! I put the cream mixture in a bowl and placed it in my freezer. When the mixture had frozen crystals, I used a hand mixer to whip it into a whipped topping consistency. Works great without using an ice cream freezer.
Jun 17, 2020
I LOVE anything Key Lime. Is it possible to make the ice cream part of recipe without an ice cream maker? Oh, I hope so.
May 31, 2020
1-need for an ice cream machine should be listed, not put in step 3 of directions
May 24, 2020
I don't understand instruction #3
May 19, 2020
What does it mean to "fill the cylinder of ice cream 2/3 full"???
May 18, 2020
I really want to make this. It looks SO good, and the reviews all seem great. I think they should mention the ICE CREAM MAKER in the beginning. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the details. Unfortunately, at the moment, I am ILL equipped to make this. *cry*
Apr 24, 2020
I would love to make this, but the directions are very confusing. At first I thought the mix of nuts, brown sugar, coconut and butter made the crust. But when it says fill the cylinder of ice cream freezer two thirds full--what does that even mean? Number four makes me think the nut mix is baked to be used for the crust and topping. Please help!
Jul 11, 2017
This is a really good dessert. I loved he crunch of the sweet crumble with the tangy lime filling. I did use Nellie and Joe's key lime juice, and omitted the zest due to an allergy. I will be making this again!!