Frozen Ice Cream Delight
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon chocolate, coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Combine 2 cups cookie crumbs with butter and sugar. Press onto the bottom of a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crumbs; freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, chocolate chips, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; boil for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon sauce over ice cream layer; sprinkle with peanuts. Freeze until firm. Spread whipped topping over the top; sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze for at least 3 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 620 calories, 36g fat (18g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
May 12, 2017
The Oreo bottom layer stuck to the bottom of the pan on the first few pieces. You need all day to make this due to all the freezing time required.
Sep 22, 2011
This is a very flavorable dessert, but I had a difficult time getting the bottom crust out of the dish. Any suggestions?
Aug 14, 2011
Very delicious! All that ate it spoke positively. Question: my bottom cookie layer stuck to the dish?? Any suggestions? next time I may consider skipping the sugar in that layer and add a few more cookies. Didn't expect the sticking..I am "chiseling" off the best layer! Thank you.
Jul 19, 2011
Absolutely the best ice cream dessert I have ever had. I halved the recipe and made it in an 8X8 square pan. It is sinful and delicious! I used Blue Bell's coffee ice cream, and I used milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet, because that is all I had on hand. Next time, I will cut down on the sugar and butter in the crust to cut down on calories and fat.
Jul 9, 2011
What ice cream did you find the tastiest in this recipe?
Jul 9, 2011
This sounds like a great recipe but I make an even easier ice cream cake using ice cream sandwiches, fudge ice cream topping, then whipped cream and crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Soooo easy and everyone always raves abouth them!
Jul 9, 2011
I make something similar to this and it is always a hit!! I dont add sugar to the cookie crust recipe, just the cookies and butter, maybe not as fattening? And I don't use peanuts but the rest is about the same. Love this summer time treat!
Jan 15, 2010
So good that it's almost a guilty pleasure :-)
Jan 19, 2008
This is my one of my husband's favorite desserts. He even had me make it for our Christmas Eve dinner and all of our guests love it. I have always gotten rave reviews when I have made it. Thanks for the recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.