- 2-1/2 cups cream-filled chocolate cookie crumbs, divided
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon chocolate, coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine 2 cups cookie crumbs with butter and sugar. Press into the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Spread ice cream over crumbs; freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine first four sauce ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil for 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla; allow to cool to room temperature. Spoon sauce over ice cream; sprinkle with nuts. Freeze until firm.
- Spread whipped topping over nuts and sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs. Freeze at least 3 hours before serving. Can be stored in the freezer for up to a week. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forFrozen Ice Cream Delight
"The Oreo bottom layer stuck to the bottom of the pan on the first few pieces. You need all day to make this due to all the freezing time required."
"This is a very flavorable dessert, but I had a difficult time getting the bottom crust out of the dish. Any suggestions?"
"Very delicious! All that ate it spoke positively. Question: my bottom cookie layer stuck to the dish?? Any suggestions? next time I may consider skipping the sugar in that layer and add a few more cookies. Didn't expect the sticking..I am "chiseling" off the best layer! Thank you."
"Absolutely the best ice cream dessert I have ever had. I halved the recipe and made it in an 8X8 square pan. It is sinful and delicious! I used Blue Bell's coffee ice cream, and I used milk chocolate chips instead of semisweet, because that is all I had on hand. Next time, I will cut down on the sugar and butter in the crust to cut down on calories and fat."
"What ice cream did you find the tastiest in this recipe?"
"I make something similar to this and it is always a hit!! I dont add sugar to the cookie crust recipe, just the cookies and butter, maybe not as fattening? And I don't use peanuts but the rest is about the same. Love this summer time treat!"
"So good that it's almost a guilty pleasure :-)"