Frozen Grasshopper Pie Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (about 22 wafers)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Maraschino cherries and additional whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, mix wafer crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat 12-14 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Stir in liqueurs and, if desired, extract.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form; fold in marshmallow mixture. Transfer to crust. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. If desired, top with cherries and additional whipped cream just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without toppings): 520 calories, 30g fat (18g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Grasshopper Pie
"Nice dessert for winter and summer. Not if you are watching calories."
"I have made this for a summer dessert and it was very refreshing. The second time I made for a Christmas holiday party and substituted 12 oz softened Cream Cheese for the marshmallows and just mixed with about 1/4 cup milk. I then folded the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream (no melting and then cooling required) and spread into the cookie shell. I had rave reviews from guests as it made for a more creamier, richer texture."