Frozen German Chocolate Pie
In summer I make this pie to take to church suppers, where chocolate desserts are a hit. It's light and refreshing, and can be served either chilled or frozen.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 4 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 tablespoons whole milk, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 to 9 inches)
- In a saucepan, heat chocolate and 2 tablespoons milk over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate and remaining milk; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon into crust and freeze until firm.