Frozen Fruit Salad Recipe
"I use this recipe to add a healthy twist to brown-bag lunches," reports Virginia Powell of Eureka, Kansas. "I'm always in a hurry in the morning, so having a ready-made salad is a great help."
- 1 can (16-ounces) apricots in light syrup, drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 juice can water
- 1. In a food processor, chop apricots. In a pitcher or bowl, combine apricots, strawberries, pineapple, bananas, orange juice and water. Pour or ladle into muffin cups that have been sprayed with vegetable cooking spray. Freeze. When frozen, quickly remove salads to freezer bags or tightly covered storage containers. When packing a lunch, place salad in individual storage container in a thermal lunch bag and it will thaw by lunchtime. Yield: 22-24 servings.
1/2 cup: 62 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Frozen Fruit Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC