Frozen Fruit Salad Mold
From Faye Hintz of Springfield, Missouri comes a new kind of fruit salad. "The thought of something chilled was so appealing to me one hot day," relates Faye. "I combined frozen and fresh ingredients. It's a treat we eat often now."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 6 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl, toss bananas with lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add bananas.
- Pour into an ungreased 14-cup star-shaped or other mold or plastic freezer containers. Freeze for several hours or overnight. Unmold 20 minutes before serving.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad in Crafting Traditions July/August 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.