Our home economists filled muffin tins with mint leaves, summer fruits and tangy juices, then simply set them in the freezer to create these icy molded cups.
Recommended: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cups sliced bananas, divided
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless red grapes
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place a mint leaf in each of 12 jumbo muffin cups; top each with a banana slice. Divide the pineapple, grapes, grapefruit, cherries and remaining bananas among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice and reserved juice. Pour 1/4 cup into each muffin cup. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Invert onto a baking sheet. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Molds in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p43