Frozen Fruit Molds
Our home economists filled muffin tins with mint leaves, summer fruits and tangy juices, then simply set them in the freezer to create these icy molded cups.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1-1/2 cups sliced bananas, divided
- 1-1/2 cups halved seedless red grapes
- 2 medium grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place a mint leaf in each of 12 jumbo muffin cups; top each with a banana slice. Divide the pineapple, grapes, grapefruit, cherries and remaining bananas among muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice and reserved juice. Pour 1/4 cup into each muffin cup. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Invert onto a baking sheet.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 86 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005