Frozen Fruit Fluff
For a refreshing ending to a meal, serve this cool and creamy fruit dessert shared by Kristy Joy Nieuwenhuis. "I make this sweet treat all year," writes the Grand Rapids, Michigan cook. "It's just as good prepared with fat-free cream cheese and whipped topping."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Stir in the pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 205 calories, 9g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Fluff in Quick Cooking March/April 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.