For a refreshing ending to a meal, serve this cool and creamy fruit dessert shared by Kristy Joy Nieuwenhuis. "I make this sweet treat all year," writes the Grand Rapids, Michigan cook. "It's just as good prepared with fat-free cream cheese and whipped topping."
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in whipped topping. transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Fluff in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p62