Frozen Fruit Delight
Cap off the succulent dinner with frosty Frozen Fruit Delight. Four ingredients are all you'll need to fix the berry-filled favorite. "It's a refreshing way to end a summer meal," Sandy promises.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen unsweetened mixed fruit
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 medium ripe banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices and frozen
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place contents of one frozen mixed fruit package in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining mixed fruit.
- In a blender, place half of the fruit, yogurt, banana and sugar; cover and process until smooth (mixture will be thick). Transfer to serving dishes. Repeat. Serve immediately or freeze for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 107 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Delight in Light & Tasty August/September 2004
Aug 11, 2011
This is every bit as easy as touted and sooo delicious! I make it often with different kinds of fruit.
Aug 11, 2011
This is every bit as easy as touted and sooo good! I make it frequently with different kinds of fruit.