Frozen Cranberry Walnut Salad
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + freezing
Makes2 salads (6-8 servings each)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cranberries in a blender, cover and process until coarsely ground. Pour into a bowl; add sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine pineapple, juice and marshmallows. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Add cranberry mixture. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry-pineapple mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square dishes. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen salad: Remove from the freezer about 45 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 697 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 106g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 20, 2007
This is wonderful! I took it to a potluck & everyone thought it was a great dessert & wanted the recipe. It was the first dish gone & everyone was looking for seconds.