Frozen Cranberry Walnut Salad
Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours + freezing
Makes2 salads (6-8 servings each)
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cranberries in a blender, cover and process until coarsely ground. Pour into a bowl; add sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine pineapple, juice and marshmallows. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Add cranberry mixture. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the cranberry-pineapple mixture. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. square dishes. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen salad: Remove from the freezer about 45 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 697 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 106g carbohydrate (84g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 20, 2007
This is wonderful! I took it to a potluck & everyone thought it was a great dessert & wanted the recipe. It was the first dish gone & everyone was looking for seconds.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.