This frosty fruit salad from Freda Triano of Milwaukie, Oregon is a marvelous make-ahead addition to any menu. It gets its appealing appearance from cranberries and its fun crunch from chopped walnuts.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a blender or food processor, process cranberries until coarsely ground. Pour into a bowl; add sugar. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine pineapple, juice and marshmallows. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Add cranberry mixture. In a mixing bowl, beat cream until soft peaks from; beat in sugar and vanilla. Fold into the cranberry-pineapple mixture. Stir in walnuts. Transfer to two greased 8-in. square dishes. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer about 45 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 salads (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p15
Reviews forFrozen Cranberry Walnut Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review