This recipe is from my mother's collection. My husband doesn't like pumpkin pie, but he looks forward to this pie at Thanksgiving. It can be made ahead, then served with ease.
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole cranberry sauce
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), baked
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. In another bowl, whip whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until thick but not stiff. Add to cream cheese, beating until smooth and creamy. Fold in cranberry sauce.
- Spoon into pie crust; freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Velvet Pie in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p91