- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup salad dressing or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped, optional
- Lettuce leaves
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese, salad dressing and sugar. Fold in the whipped topping; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pineapple, nuts, coconut and cranberry sauce. Add cranberries if desired. Gently combine with cream cheese mixture. Spread into a 13-in. x 9-in. glass baking dish or three foil-lined 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and freeze. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Cut in squares or slices. Serve on lettuce leaves. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews forFrozen Cranberry Salad
"I had something similar years ago so discovering this recipe was a real treat. I omitted the nuts to suit my family's tastes and added a small can of mandarin oranges I drained then diced up. I also cut the recipe in half as this makes a lot. It is tasty and very pretty when served as well."
"My mother made a similar frozen cranberry salad when I was a child in the 1950s, so when I saw this one I knew I had to try it. Oh boy! Memories flooded back. It is so good! I managed easily to half the recipe because this one makes a lot."