Frozen Cranberry Orange Salad
This cranberry creation is so good it could almost be a dessert. The salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces. —Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the cranberry sauce, orange juice and zest in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken. Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- 3. To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into pieces.
1 piece: 175 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC