Frozen Cranberry Orange Salad
This cranberry creation is so good it could almost be a dessert. The salad freezes firm, but is easy to cut into serving size pieces. —Suzanne Merrill, Nampa, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with foil; set aside. Place the cranberry sauce, orange juice and zest in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and sugar until it begins to thicken. Stir in mayonnaise. Spread over cranberry mixture: sprinkle with pecans. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen salad: Using foil, lift salad out of pan. Cut into pieces.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 175 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011