Frozen Cranberry Cups
It's just not Christmas at our house without this lighter-than-air whipped dessert. It couldn't be easier to make... and looks so festive in foil cups. Guests always ask for the recipe.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Place the cranberry sauce in a bowl; chop the cranberries. Stir in the orange juice concentrate and pecans; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into the cranberry mixture. Fill foil-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 124 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Cranberry Cups in Country Woman Christmas 2003