Frozen Coconut Caramel Pie
I received this recipe from a dear friend, who was a great cook and often tried new recipes. This pretty pie is just right for those with a sweet tooth. —Lois Triplet, Springhill, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
Makes2 pies (6-8 servings each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a skillet, melt butter; add coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown and toasted; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crusts. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with coconut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight or until firm. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 421 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (43g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Frozen Coconut Caramel Pie in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.