I received this recipe from a dear friend, who was a great cook and often tried new recipes. This pretty pie is just right for those with a sweet tooth. —Lois Triplet, Springhill, Louisiana
Recommended: Homemade Coffee Shop Drinks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 graham cracker crusts (9 inches each)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- In a skillet, melt butter; add coconut and pecans. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes or until golden brown and toasted; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into crusts. Drizzle with caramel topping; sprinkle with coconut mixture.
- Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight or until firm. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 2 pies (6-8 servings each).
Originally published as Frozen Coconut Caramel Pie in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p98