Frozen Christmas Salad Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 12 red maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 12 green maraschino cherries, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a small bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows. Set aside until marshmallows are softened, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir into marshmallow mixture. Fold in cherries and walnuts.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat whipping cream until soft peaks form. Fold into pineapple mixture. Spoon into a 6-cup mold; freeze overnight. Let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes; unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Frozen Christmas Salad
"I made this last night and I have second thoughts about serving it for Christmas dinner. I researched too late but found this recipe on Cooks.com and it called for 1 Tbs of mayonnaise not 1/2 cup. I'm afraid this salad is ruined. Taste of Home should double check their recipes before printing them in their cookbooks!"