An original recipe of mine, this cool and crunchy concoction has won prizes in a couple of recipe contests. Everyone agrees the fun mix of chocolate, crushed cookies, whipping cream and nuts makes a tempting alternative to ice cream.
Recommended: 15 Oreo Recipes to Satisfy Your Cookie Cravings
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 squares (1 ounce each) German sweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 12 cookies)
- 1 cup chopped walntus
- Additional chopped walnuts and crushed cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, optional
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate with corn syrup; stir until smooth. stir in 1/2 cup cream. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until cool.
- Stir in crushed cookies and walnuts. In a mixing bowl, beat remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Spread into 1 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze for 4-6 hours or until firm. Sprinkle with additional walnuts and crushed cookies if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Frozen Chocolate Crunch in Country Woman January/February 2003, p33