- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 9 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips, crushed
- Line the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with parchment paper; coat paper and sides of pan with cooking spray. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and let stand for 30 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate with cream; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and remaining sugar. Using a melon baller, scoop out 1-in. balls of cheesecake; place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Top each with a heaping teaspoonful of chocolate mixture. Sprinkle crumb mixture over half of the balls and toffee bits over the remaining balls. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 5-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forFrozen Cheesecake Bites
"Delicious, handy to have in freezer, but the melon baller step took forever and was very messy. Plan to try again with a 10X15 pan, and cut the cheesecake into small squares."