- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Stir in dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in frozen blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine sugar and nutmeg; sprinkle over muffins. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Reviews forFrozen Blueberry Muffins
"Followed recipe and result was absolutely delicious...moist and tasty. My husband loves these muffins!"
"I made these muffins as is and only halved the sugar. Really, two cups of sugar is over the top. They were absolutely delicious and had gorgeous peaks. Very fluffy and tasty. I'm going to try this recipe again but instead use chocolate chips to see if this is a good "base" muffin recipe, which I suspect it will be."
"I halved the recipe, exchanged 1/2 cup of wheat flour and used buttermilk instead of regular. Turned out delicious!!"
"I thought I did something wrong when I was mixing because they where so thick but it turns out it was supposed to be like that!"
"I just made these and they are amazing!!! My frozen berries were very tart so the amount of sugar was perfect! I think I've made muffins like 2 times in my life so when the batter came out super thick I thought I did something wrong but I pressed on and they came out great! Thank you for this recipe, it is definetly a keeper :)"
"Made these today. Halved the recipe and added half tsp almond extract. Very tasty. Think I would prefer a more biscuit-like muffin"
"I made these yesterday and they are delicious. I will be using this recipe anytime I feel like blueberry muffins. Love blueberry muffins."
"Great muffins ! My boys gave them five stars, which is quite a compliment from teenage boys :) I do agree on less sugar though. I used 1/2 cup less than called for and that was enough. This was a nice treat on a Thanksgiving morning !"