Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 orange peel strips (1 to 3 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups hot strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream, warmed
- Optional garnishes: cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream
- 1. Place the first five ingredients in a blender; cover and process until chocolate is finely chopped. Add coffee; cover and process for 1-2 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a small saucepan; heat through.
- 2. Return mixture to blender; add cream. Cover and process until frothy. Strain, discarding solids; serve in mugs. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, orange peel and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 392 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Frothy Mexi-Mocha Coffee
"For the work and expense of this drink I would not recommend it. We really like trying new coffee drinks. This one was terrible, it was like drinking chocolate sugar water. We even added double the strong coffee and it didn't help. If you looking for something like a Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts drink this is not it."
"Didn't care for it...too sweet! "
"Tasted good, but too many calories for a beverage."
"Unbelievably yum!!! I will probably cut back on the sugar a little next time, but I love it!"
"I have not made this recipe yet but I have flagged it to try. Sounds yummy to me. As I do with most recipes, I QUIETLY change ingredients I know I can to suit my personal preferences and requirements without altering the outcome."
"Found this recipe yesterday, made it today. I also cut the brown sugar to half a cup since my hubby doesn't like too sweet. Yummy. Will be making again."
"This was just wonderful."
"This is a Very good drink. If you drink Starbucks Mochas, they are just as bad. Just remember, everything in moderation, will not harm you. Enjoy this as a treat. Not a morning habit. Jbhickory6 has a good alternate. That was also great!!! Thank you for sharing this recipe Maria ; )"
"FYI: SUGAR TWIN MAKES A TOTALLY SUGAR FREE BROWN SUGAR SUBSTITUTE THAT YOU CAN USE SPOON FOR SPOON. I AM DIABETIC AND USE IT ALL THE TIME IN PLACE OF BROWN SUGAR. ALSO, FYI, BE CAREFUL WHEN USING SPLENDA IN A RECIPE. I HAVE FOUND IT TO BE 1/2 TSP SPLENDA TO 1 TSP SUGAR SUBSTITUTION. OTHERWISE IT COMES OUT SO SWEET YOU CAN'T EAT IT. I HAVEN'T TRIED IT YET. BUT PLAN TO, USING THE SUGAR TWIN."
"Just a reminder.This site does not claim to be healthy. I believe they have a sister site that is"