Frosty the Doughman
For a festive bread at a winter meal, try this delicious bread. It is so easy to put together and your guests will be so impressed.—Rhodes Bake-N-Serv, Jenna Jackson, Salt Lake City, Utah
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 snowman with 2 small mittens
- 9 frozen Texas rolls (2 ounces each), thawed
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 pretzel sticks
- 2 miniature milk chocolate kisses
- Press together and flatten three rolls into a 5x4-in. oval, two rolls into a 4x3-in. oval and one and a half rolls into a 3x2-in. oval. Referring to Fig. 1, arrange ovals in a snowman shape on a greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut a large smile on face and pull apart to allow for rising.
- Shape half of a roll into a 4-in. rope; flatten slightly and place above head for hat brim. Flatten one roll into a 2-1/2x1-1/2-in. rectangle; place above brim. Make a narrow cut 1/2 in. above the brim for a hat band. Divide remaining roll into two pieces (discard one piece or bake separately). Divide remaining piece of dough into thirds. Roll two pieces into 1-1/2x1-in. ovals for mittens; place on baking sheet. Divide remaining piece in half; roll each strip into a rope and flatten slightly. Place strips under ovals. Cut into the side of each oval at a downward angle toward the center (see Fig. 2a). Tuck the tip under to form a round thumb; spread thumb and mitten apart to allow for rising (see Fib. 2b).
- Cover all dough with plastic wrap that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Reopen mouth with a knife. Brush with egg. Bake snowman at 350° for 20 minutes and mittens for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Insert pretzel sticks into mittens and position on snowman. Dip bottoms of chocolate kisses in honey and position on face for eyes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 178 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.