Frosty Strawberry Slims
"I've been serving tall glasses of this refreshing fruity beverage for years," pens Patricia Schroedl of Jefferson, Wisconsin. "I once won first place with this recipe in the low-calorie division of a state strawberry contest."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries
- 1 pint fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 9 cups (72 ounces) diet lemon-lime soda
- In a large bowl, mash strawberries. Stir in yogurt. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; add lemon juice. Stir into strawberry mixture.
- Transfer to a freezer-proof container. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. To serve, scoop 1/2 cup frozen mixture into a glass; fill with 1 cup soda.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 63 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Frosty Strawberry Slims in Light & Tasty December/January 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.