- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional fresh raspberries, optional
- Place 2 cups raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Press through a fine mesh strainer; discard seeds and pulp.
- In a small saucepan, combine egg yolks and sugar; stir in raspberry puree until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Transfer to a bowl. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Fold in whipped cream. Coarsely mash remaining raspberries. In six freezer-proof parfait glasses, layer 1 tablespoon mashed berries and 1/4 cup cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forFrosty Raspberry Parfaits
"I agree with lilHobbit.....this was fabulous!! And yes, I will be making this again but not everyday for the next several days. This is something that I am going to save for one of my husbands and my "date night" when we have raspberries in season. Thanks for the recipe Clare!!"
"It was very very good, did not care if it is too fattening, not like omeone is going to eat it 24/7,was a nice change of pace from the diet."
"This receipe may be to fattening for some, but for my daughter who has cancer and having chemo, this is perfect. The taste is fantastic. Will make again, maybe try using blueberries."
"Altogether way too fattening! There are other recipes using fresh raspberries without incorporating heavy whipping cream into the mix."