I've used this recipe since the early '50s, when I picked it up at a seminar. I like to serve these for dessert or as special treats for Halloween. —Ella West Richmond, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, molasses, salt, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Fold in ice cream until smooth.
- Spoon into tart shells; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze for 1 hour or until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Frosty Pumpkinettes in Reminisce Extra October 2004