I've used this recipe since the early '50s, when I picked it up at a seminar. I like to serve these for dessert or as special treats for Halloween. —Ella West Richmond, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 individual graham cracker tart shells
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, molasses, salt, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Fold in ice cream until smooth.
- Spoon into tart shells; sprinkle with pecans. Freeze for 1 hour or until serving. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 213 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Frosty Pumpkinettes in Reminisce Extra October 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.