Frosty Pistachio Delight
“I love the simple make-ahead convenience of this refreshing dessert drizzled with fudge topping," writes Sandie Davenport from Farmer City, Illinois. "Being able to make this pie the night before and then freeze it gives me time to work on all those last-minute holiday dinner details!”
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 2-1/2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 carton (1-1/2 quarts) vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons pistachios, chopped, divided
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the ice cream, pudding mixes, 1 cup pistachios and food coloring if desired. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle with fudge topping; sprinkle with remaining pistachios.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 476 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pistachio Pie Delight in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.