Frosty Pineapple-Coconut Pie
This fun, unique frozen pie created by our Test Kitchen has plenty of coconut and pineapple flavor. You'll love this tangy and tropical treat for dessert any night or day.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min. + freezing
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint pineapple sherbet, softened
- Fresh pineapple wedges, optional
- Spread butter over the bottom and sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Press coconut onto the bottom and sides of plate. Bake at 325° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream into crust. Spread sherbet over ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with pineapple wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 272 calories, 17g fat (13g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple-Cream Coconut Pie in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.