Frosty Orange Cream Cheese Cups
These bite-sized frozen treats will cool you down during the dog days of summer. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + freezing
- 1-1/4 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press onto bottoms and up sides of ungreased mini-muffin cups. Freeze 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 2 tablespoons cream until smooth. Stir in marmalade; drop by scant tablespoonfuls into cups. Freeze 2 hours or until set.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over hot water, melt white chocolate with remaining cream; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spoon or drizzle over cups. Sprinkle with pistachios. Freeze, covered, overnight or until firm. Serve frozen.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 142 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Frosty Ginger Orange Cookie Cups in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.