Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares Recipe
My family loves getting together to sample good food. While pumpkin makes it perfect for the holidays, this ice cream dessert is requested year-round.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers and gingersnaps. Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
"Good, but very sweet. Will probably reduce the sugar next time I make it."
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2010
"This is extremely easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious! The kids loved it!"
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2009
"Great recipe-tasty and refreshing-and easy!!!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC