- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers and gingersnaps. Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forFrosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
"Good, but very sweet. Will probably reduce the sugar next time I make it."
"This is extremely easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious! The kids loved it!"
"Great recipe-tasty and refreshing-and easy!!!"