Frosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, graham crackers and gingersnaps. Press two-thirds of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 351 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 18, 2018
Just looking through my Taste of Home cookbooks and saw this recipe but had to look online for how to make it since the part of the directions were missing.
Oct 1, 2011
Good, but very sweet. Will probably reduce the sugar next time I make it.
Nov 7, 2010
This is extremely easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious! The kids loved it!
Aug 14, 2009
Great recipe-tasty and refreshing-and easy!!!