- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker (about 16 squares)
- 1 cup crushed gingersnaps (about 18 cookies)
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened slightly
- In a bowl, combine the butter and crushed graham crackers and gingersnaps. Press half of the crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg. Stir in walnuts. Fold in softened ice cream. Spoon into crust. Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top. Freeze until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews forFrosty Ginger Pumpkin Squares
"Good, but very sweet. Will probably reduce the sugar next time I make it."
"This is extremely easy to make and it tastes absolutely delicious! The kids loved it!"
"Great recipe-tasty and refreshing-and easy!!!"