VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed chocolate wafers (about 9)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping and crushed chocolate wafers, optional
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 4-1/2-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until crust is set. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat until blended. Fold in sherbet. Fold in whipped topping. Fill tart shells. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and wafer crumbs if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Frosty Freeze Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p280