Frosty Freeze Tarts
You can make these quick tarts with orange, lime or raspberry sherbet, depending on your preference. All are tasty.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crushed chocolate wafers (about 9)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet or flavor of your choice, softened
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Additional whipped topping and crushed chocolate wafers, optional
- In a bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of two ungreased 4-1/2-in. fluted tart pans with removable bottoms. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until crust is set. Cool.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add marshmallow creme; beat until blended. Fold in sherbet. Fold in whipped topping. Fill tart shells. Cover and freeze. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with additional whipped topping and wafer crumbs if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 582 calories, 27g fat (17g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Frosty Freeze Tarts in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook